Cleaning Do’s and Don’ts:
When on the topic of caring and cleaning your stone, there are some recommended do’s and don’ts that you should highly consider following:
- Do dust mop your floors frequently
- Do keep surfaces clean with mild detergent
- Do use clean, clear water to rinse and dry your surfaces after washing
- Do blot up spills immediately, instead of wiping and spreading the spill/stain.
- Do exercise common protective practices such as using non-slip mats or rugs on floor surfaces and coasters. placemats or tablecloths on countertops.
- Don’t use worn vacuum cleaners. The metal, plastic or wheels may scratch your surfaces.
- Don’t mix bleach and ammonia; this combination creates a toxic and lethal gas.
- Don’t ever mix chemicals together unless manufacturers directions specifically instruct you to.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
- Don’t use vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners containing acids on marble, limestone, travertine, or onyx surfaces.
- Don’t use cleaners that contain acid.